Field based – Harrow and surrounding area
As a PHC Carer you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives by helping them with all the things that most of us take for granted, enabling them to remain independent and continue living in their own home.
You will need to have your own transport to enable travel between the different locations that we provide our services to. You should also have had experience providing care in people’s homes or in a dedicated care home.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
You will provide companionship and personal care, oversee medication and be involved with meal preparation, shopping and light domestic duties.
You will treat the people PHC Home Care support with dignity and compassion and develop professional, caring relationships based on trust and reassurance.
In addition, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing effective working relationships with other employees within PHC Home Care
- Support an open positive and inclusive working culture
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of PHC Home Care
- Work in a cost-effective manner
- Systematically solve day-to-day problems and issues that arise
- Implement action to meet and maintain care standards
- Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams in order to maximise opportunities for Service User therapeutic care
- Record relevant activities in Care Plans
- Encourage innovative methods for the delivery of care
- Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Support the implementation of PHC Home Care policies and procedures
Knowledge, Training and Experience required to do the Job:
- Be self-motivated and adaptable
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be approachable and an empathetic listener
- Have good verbal and written communication
- Have an understanding of disabled people’s needs
- Be conscientious and punctual
- Be good humoured
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Be well organised
- Be able to delegate
- Be enthusiastic and a good motivator
- Be tactful and discrete
For more information on this role and to request an application form either CONTACT US or email: